Brown Station Road Sanitary Landfill
11611 Whitehouse Road
Upper Marlboro, Maryland 20772
Hours of Operation
Monday through Saturday - 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Sunday - Closed
Prince George's County
allows all County residents to utilize the Brown Station Road Sanitary
Landfill free of charge Monday through Saturday. This includes access to our
Household Hazardous Waste Acceptance Site and Electronics Recycling
Acceptance Site both of which are open Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Rules for Free Disposal Operations
- Landfill gates open at 7:30 a.m. and close at 3:30 p.m.
- Smoking and use of cell phones on the Disposal Site are prohibited.
- Upon entering the Scale House Area, please follow the directions of
the Weigh Master who will direct you to the numbered disposal site.
- Do not remove tarps and covers or unlock tailgates until reaching the
- Scavenging is prohibited.
- Proof of residency is required, typically in the form of a driver's
- Waste must be generated from your residence within Prince George's
County. If an out-of-county licensed vehicle is used, you must accompany
the delivery and provide proof of residency.
- The following vehicles are permitted to use the landfill on Monday
- Cars, station wagons, SUVs, XUVs, passenger vans (seating for 5 or
more passengers), pickups cannot exceed 10,000 pounds GVW, and rental
pickup trucks up to 3/4 ton (None of the vehicles listed can have any
lettering, signage, ladder racks, modified body or side toolboxes)
- Trailers are limited to the maximum size of 5' X 10' with no greater
than 24" sideboards. Rental trailers of this size are also permitted
- Trailers larger than 5 x 10 and up to 8 x 12 with no higher than
4 sides will be charged for disposal. Trailers with sides higher than
4 will not be allowed to use the landfill.
- Trailers larger than 8 x 12 are not permitted to use the landfill.
- The following vehicles are not permitted to use the
landfill on Monday through Saturday:
- Vehicles with lettering and/or signage
- Vehicles with ladder racks, modified bodies/beds or side toolboxes
- Vehicles with extended bedsides or stake bodies
- Cargo vans (passenger van with only the driver's seat and front
passenger seat are considered commercial)
- Rental vehicles other than pickup trucks. Rental pickup trucks are
permitted if rented from a company that is in the business of renting
pickup trucks. Pickup trucks are defined as those resembling Ford
F-150/250 or Chevrolet F-1500/2500.
Note: Standard pickup trucks with storage boxes across the bed and
immediately behind the cab are acceptable
Bulky Trash Collection is provided by appointment only.
All calls for
Scheduling of Bulk Trash are being forwarded to the Prince Georges County 311
Call Center or (301) 883-4748 or
via the internet at
If the County fails to make the scheduled collection date due to
inclement weather, we will reschedule the collection for the next day. If
the homeowner fails to place items at the curb by 6:30 a.m. on the scheduled
collection day and the items are not picked up, the homeowner will have to
reschedule for the next available date.
- Furniture and refrigerators (Remove doors, for safety reasons, from
- Washing machines and dryers
- Hot water heaters and lawn mowers (Remove the gas tank and drain the
oil from lawn mowers)
- Other large materials generated in the household that are not picked
up by refuse collection
- Vehicle Tires (Limit 4, No Truck Tires)
- Construction and demolition debris
- Stumps and logs
- Skids and pallets
- Drums, tanks, kegs and barrels (plastic and metal) greater than 55
gallons in size unless the sides are removed and the vessel flattened
prior to collection
- Hazardous and bio-hazardous medical waste
- Compressed cylinders of any size, shape or condition
- Liquids, including paint, sewage and septic waste
- Radioactive material
- Animal carcasses
- Automobiles or auto parts
- Chemical and/or petroleum cleanup waste
- Plastic packing materials and plastic sheeting
- Soil, rocks, grubbing material and spoil
- Shingles, roofing materials
- Riding lawnmowers
- Wood (unless it is a piece of furniture)